Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Backlogging - July 25, 2008 - Playing Hookey to go Flying

Fun day at Woodstock yesterday. Despite the light conditions my observer graciously offered to take the day off and head out with me so we met in the LZ at 1:45 or so. Launched about 3:00 and kind of struggled to stay up but eventually got to about a grand over. That flight was about 35 minutes and I got to fly with lots of vultures and a few red tailed hawks, even caught one on film. I had a good approach and my landing was on my feet and I was happy. It wasn't that late so we headed back up for another. Launch conditions were nicer the second go 'round but after I launched, things really lightened up. The highest I could get was only a couple hundred over but I managed to stay up for about 45 minutes. Better approach the second flight and another foot landing. Total airtime: 1:20. I've now got over 5 hrs and I'm halfway to H3 airtime! Here's the video du jour: http://www.vimeo.com/1404420

No comments: