Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Backlogging - March 8, 2008 - I Haven't Been This Excited Since I Was a Little Kid!!!

Class was a no-go today so I was sitting around this morning hoping for better luck tomorrow. The phone rang and it was my instructor. For a moment I thought, hey, maybe we are having class today after all. I picked up and he explained that he didn't think tomorrow was going to be a good training day either. Bummer! But then he asked if I wanted to come take my Hang 2 written test at his place. Then he said that while tomorrow will probably not be good for training, it will probably be good for me to take my first mountain launch! I almost fell out of my chair. Holy schnykees!! So I just got back from his place and it is official - I am finally a Hang 2 pilot. Woohoo!!!!!My fingers are crossed for tomorrow and so far the forecast looks great at Woodstock, VA, one of the most beautiful sites in the Shenandoah. With any cooperation from the wind gods, I will accomplish a major goal that I set for myself last summer. I'm sure you can all remember the day before your first mountain flight and the excitement that you felt. What a feeling! So my camera has new batteries, the memory card is cleared and I am more excited than I have been since I was a little kid. I'll update you guys tomorrow and hopefully with pictures and not curses toward the wind gods. Man, this feeling is awesome! I can't wait!

No comments: