Friday, October 31, 2008

High Rock October 30, 2008

High Rock was awesome yesterday. I got hung up at work and didn't get out there until about 2:00. I saw Carlos above the ridge as I was driving up and Matthew, Karen and Steve ready to go when I arrived. They all launched and then Eddie and I set up. After they flew for a while, Karen, Carlos and Steve landed and came back up to help launch Eddie and me. I stepped onto the block and launched last into smooth air at about 4:00. The colors were beautiful, I shared a thermal with Matthew and Eddie and got a lot of practice thermalling. Most of them I would lose at about 700' over but I did catch one that got me to 1,100' over. I played around over the rock and waved back to the spectators when they waved. After just over 1:20 in the air I touched down with a nice flare for a no-stepper. We packed it in and headed to the brew pub for a good dinner and some microbrews. I got lots of pictures and some video - hope you enjoy!
The video: http://www.vimeo.com/2115264

No comments: